The University of Lincoln now has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products. Academic staff, researchers, and students may use these products for teaching, research, and learning. The license allows individuals to install the products on university-owned equipment, as well as personally-owned computers.
About MATLAB and Simulink
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Visit the University of Lincoln’s MATLAB Portal to gain access.
End Users Instructions
Download the Installer
- Go to the University of Lincoln’s MATLAB Portal. Select ‘Sign in to get started’ under the Get MATLAB and Simulink section.
- Log in to your MathWorks account that is associated with your University license. Note: you may be asked to log in with your university credentials first.
- Click the download button for the current release. Users can also download previous releases here.
- Choose a supported platform and download the installer.
Install and Activate
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labelled Individual.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
• Contact MathWorks Installation Support.
Getting Started: Learn About Capabilities and Using the Software
• MATLAB Onramp – Learn MATLAB in just 2 hours
• MATLAB and Simulink Training – Interactive self-paced online courses
• MATLAB Online – Instant access to MATLAB from a web browser
• MATLAB Mobile – Evaluate MATLAB commands, create and edit files, visualize data, and view results –all from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
• Videos and Webinars – Search for videos by application or product to learn about the vast capabilities and uses of MATLAB & Simulink
• MATLAB Examples – A collection of free and reusable code plus examples on how to use MATLAB & Simulink
• MATLAB Grader – Automatically grade MATLAB code and run your problems in any learning environment