As a University of Lincoln Student or Staff member, you are eligible to use many free-to-use software and services, including the fantastic Microsoft Office 365.
Sign in now and take advantage of this FREE world-leading office software!
Office 365 access includes the Microsoft Office suite and OneDrive cloud storage. Here’s how to take advantage of these features:
- Visit 365.lincoln.ac.uk
- Sign in with your University email address and password e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are a member of staff).
You will be forwarded to an area where you can download Microsoft Office applications and access your online storage and email.
To download Office Applications:
- Click the “Install Office” button in the top right corner and select “Office 365 apps” to begin downloading the complete Office 365 suite of applications.
- Once the download has been completed, follow the steps below for your relevant operating system.
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox). If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes. The installation will then begin.
- Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
- Once the download has been completed, open Finder, go to Downloads and double-click the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name might vary slightly).
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
- Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
- Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
- The software will begin to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office installation fails, see the Microsoft Support site for what to try if you can’t install or activate Office for Mac.
For detailed instructions on the process above, visit the Microsoft Support site.
You will be provided with 1TB of personal online storage space through Microsoft OneDrive. This online storage space can be used to store, share, sync & backup your personal files.
To use OneDrive:
- Visit 365.lincoln.ac.uk and sign in (as above).
- Click on the OneDrive icon.
- Click on the New or Upload buttons to add files to your OneDrive.
Office 365 also contains a range of collaboration tools you can use to work with others, such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
Click here to open Office 365 Setup as a PDF
Online Help Guides
Sharing Permissions in Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 Training Centre
Outlook (Microsoft Office 365 Training Centre)
OneDrive (Microsoft Office 365 Training Centre)
Microsoft Teams (Microsoft Office 365 Training Centre)
Sharing Files Using Office 365 (PDF)
How to use OneDrive and Share a Document (PDF)