Wednesday 27th July – Monday 8th August
The Student Replacement System project is pleased to announce the next release of functionality for the OneUni student system.
Subject to final approval from SLT, the new system will be live from Monday 8th August 2022 and will encompass the remainder of the student journey, and supporting processes, from enrolment through to graduation.
What does this mean?
Qls processing will be frozen from the end of 27th July until the new system is live on 8th August to facilitate the move to OneUni, for any students other than those re-sitting assessments.
Any urgent changes will need to be documented and then reflected in OneUni when access is available. In the event of urgent changes being required, please contact the project team at email@example.com.
This will affect all record changes across all systems that rely on Qls student data; there will be no changes coming through on any integrations.
**Qls will be available as read-only throughout this period**
OneUni admissions will also be offline for general use during this period.
Access will be available aligned to the finance system on 8th August, with the new functionality being added to staff profiles in the following days.
What will change?
There will be a significant increase in the provision of self-service for students and staff, with workflows and process alignment.
The following functionality will be moving into OneUni:
- A full self-service student portal, including the ability to view and amend their personal details and request various support services, starting to replace existing SharePoint or paper processes.
- All remaining Admissions and Enrolment processes.
- Student Finance, including SLC integrations and automated fee billing and reversals.
- Progressions and completions, including assessment recording.
- Research and candidature management.
- Scholarship Management.
- Appointment management for personal tutors, with outlook integration.
- New case functionality for recording cases such as extensions, complaints and appeals.
- Mitigating Circumstances requests and management (to be launched shortly after go-live).
- An agent portal for managing and tracking applications.
- Operational and housekeeping reporting (lots of new self-service capability).
- Statutory reporting such as HESES and HESA.
It also allows you to favourite functions to a home screen and save your frequently used searches and reports.
Once live, there will be a process communicated for raising ideas on system improvements, and a University internal user group will be convened to help prioritise those requests; feedback is sought and welcome.
Access to OneUni can be found as a shortcut on an issued desktop or laptop or through the ICT Gateway HERE. It will continue to use your usual University credentials and MFA for logging in.
Training & Support
There will be a requirement for training to have been completed prior to accessing the system. Department training will be scheduled for schools and academic training; please register for the training courses HERE.
Further support information will be distributed over the next week. The system status page will also be updated to reflect the project progress HERE.
Once live, any issues can be reported through the usual processes, i.e. The ICT Service Desk, and tickets will be sent to the project team. We also have the Yammer group (OneUni Admissions Community), which we will expand HERE where you can request support and advice.
The project can be contacted via this e-mail for any urgent queries: SMSPROJECT@LINCOLN.AC.UK
There will be targeted communications for continuing and new students as they progress or get admitted.
We thank you for your patience as we move to the new system. Further communications will be distributed over the coming days.