Take a look at our Getting Started guide below if you are yet to arrive at the University. We also have a selection of How To guides at the bottom of this page if you need help with setting something up.
If you require further assistance with anything IT-related, call the IT Service Desk on 01522 88 6500, or email us at email@example.com
If you are enrolling in the Medical School, the process is slightly different. Please take a look at our Getting Started – Medical School guide.
To help you prepare for arrival on campus, you will need to:
- Set up your personal password
- Check and update your personal details
- Upload a photograph for your student ID card
- Access specific information about your programme
Set Your Password
- Find the login page for enrolment at: https://runway.lincoln.ac.uk
- Click on “First Time Here?”, then the “Set Password” button. When the “Get Back Into Your Account” page appears, enter your student email address in the User ID box as displayed: AccountID@students.lincoln.ac.uk
- Next, enter the characters in the picture displayed on the screen or the words in the audio.
- Click Next.
- If you have a personal email address registered with us, you will then receive a verification code and instructions on creating a new University password in your personal email inbox. If you do not have a personal email address registered with us, please contact ICT Services on 01522 88 6500, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will now need to enter a new password.
- Click “Submit”, then go back to https://runway.lincoln.ac.uk and log in with your new password.
- Next, make sure you visit sspr.lincoln.ac.uk and set security questions, register your phone number and personal email address to help you easily reset your password in the future, without having to contact the ICT Service Desk. You will also need to authenticate using Multi-Factor Authentication. For a guide on how to set this up for the first time, visit lncn.ac/mfaguide
If you receive an error message, please contact ICT Services for support on 01522 88 6500.
Note: If you ever forget your password, click on “Forgot Password?” on the Blackboard login page to change it.
If you require assistance with changing your password, please contact ICT Services on 01522 88 6500 or email email@example.com.
The ICT Service Desk open Monday-Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm (24/7 Phone Support).
Check and Update Your Personal Details
Once you have logged in to Runway, click the “Start” button to go to the “Your Details” page.
This page allows you to review and update the personal details we hold for you. It’s important that you check your details carefully and amend them if necessary.
You will also need to read the privacy notice and submit your details.
Upload Your Photo
Click the “Next” button to begin the process of uploading your image. You will be taken to the screen shown on the right. Follow the instructions on-screen to select and upload your photo, following the guidelines to ensure that your photo is suitable.
Please Note: We recommend using Google Chrome when uploading your photograph as you may encounter compatibility issues when using Edge and other browsers. HEIC files will not be recognised by the system, but are a standard format on iPhones. Please follow the guide in the red box to convert HEIC files if needed.
Rotate and Crop
If you need to rotate your image, simply follow the instructions on-screen. To crop your photo, simply click and drag on the image to select an area. You can alter this selection by dragging the boxes at the corners of the area. You can find built-in accessibility controls below the cropper window. At this stage you will have the opportunity to upload an alternative photo should you wish. Once you’re happy with how your image looks, click on the submit button.
The process, once complete, will show an example of how your Student ID card will appear. Your photo will be reviewed and either accepted or rejected by the Student Administration team – after which you will then receive confirmation of this via email.
If you require assistance with uploading your photo or changing your password, please contact ICT Services on 01522 88 6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
After completing your enrolment, access your Getting Started site on Blackboard
Head to blackboard.lincoln.ac.uk and click “Login”. You will be redirected to the University login page where you can sign in with your student ID and password.
You will then need to click “My Bb Sites” on the left navigation bar to access your list of sites. Until term starts, you will only have access to one site: “Getting Started”. This is a site set up by your school which provides lots of useful information for new students.
While you are on Blackboard, you can also access the “My University” page and “Assist” which both contain lots of useful information and links to support resources for students across the University.