Here you can find links to external and internal ICT Policies & Guidance.
ICT Acceptable Use Policy
- You must not use anything that you are not permitted to access
- You must not do anything illegal
- You must not create or use offensive material
- You must not introduce viruses or do anything else that causes problems for others
- Do not email or remove any personal or sensitive data without obtaining permission and using strong encryption
- You could be subject to disciplinary and/or other action if you break the rules
- If you are not sure about anything contact the ICT Service Desk on 01522 (88)6500 or via email
- The University of Lincoln collects personal information when you self-register to use the “UoL – Visitor” Wi-Fi
- We collect information to comply with the Data Retention Regulations of 2009
- We collect your first name, last name, address, email address and you IP address
- Your information will be retained for 1 year from first use and then automatically deleted
- If you have a query about your personal information rights then please contact the Information Compliance team by email
Notice & Takedown Policy
Notifying the University of Lincoln
If you find material which you consider illegally held or published on a University of Lincoln website please contact us and supply the following information:
- Your contact details
- Full details of the material
- The web address (URL) where you found the material
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for the rights owner.
Complaints may be made by email containing the details above should be sent to the ICT Information Security team or, in writing to:
Information Security Team
Internal Policies (University of Lincoln Staff and Students Only)
Please note you will need to sign in to the University Portal to access this content.
ICT Policies & Guidance
The ICT Policies & Guidance Portal Site contains the currently active policies regarding the University of Lincoln ICT Services. It also includes mandatory policies regarding IT Usage and any procedures that need to be taken internally within the University.
General guidance documents related to these policies also can be found within the ICT Policies Portal Site. This includes subjects like making sure the emails you are sending do not go into the spam folder of your recipient’s inbox, to major incident guidelines which need to be followed.